A Brief Discussion On Google Play Music Vs Spotify
Music plays a very important role in our lives. Good music acts as an instant mood lifter for many. When you think about daily life, music is present in several educational and social activities. It has become a lot easier to find free music these days. At present, with the help of only a few applications, you can find almost all the songs that you want to listen to.
There are few services that have managed to stand out among all the music services. Among the several music applications that are available online, two of them stands out from the rest. The first one is Spotify and the second one is Google Play Music. With these two music streaming applications, you can have unlimited access to millions of songs. These two services are the best and offer the latest and the most popular music for your listening. Let’s compare these two: Spotify and Google Play Music and discuss the features each has to offer.
Google Play Music
Google Play Music was first released in 2013 and is currently proud of more than 40 million songs in its collection. When you buy music from Google Play Music then it will be automatically added to your collection. The songs can be up to 300MB in size. Sometimes, you can listen to music via Google Play Music application for free. However, an ad-free listening experience is only feasible with the radio stations and the music that you upload personally.
Google Play Music uses an attractive design, which means you will be able to get a bright, colorful as well as a beautiful music browser. When the slide menu opens, you will see the “Top Chart”, “View Stations”, “New Version”, “Listen Now”, “My Library”, and then Settings. In the Top Charts section, you will be able to listen to the latest popular music. In the New Releases section, you will get the newest content, check out your library, browse stations, and Listen Now. It acts as both a discovery page and landing page. On all pages, you will find a Search button and Chromecast button in the upper right corner.
Sound Quality and Device Limitation
Google Play Music allows streaming audio quality up to 320 Kbps for uploaded and subscription music. However, the quality of uploaded music depends on the tracks uploaded. Each account can contain up to 10 official devices, and you can deactivate up to four devices per year. With 10 official devices, you will be able to download more music in your device’s memory. Google Play Music must have an Android TV application. It also has an Android Wear application that supports Android Audio and Google Cast.
Google Play Music has more than 30 million songs that can be distributed by its users.
You can upload 50,000 personal songs to your Play Music library and stream them. Moreover, you can add as many songs as possible to subscribe and buy your library as you like. In the line of music playback, you can listen to more than a dozen songs on the radio station and change songs that you don’t like.
Some excellent features that make Google Play Music a one of a kind of listening experience are discussed in the section below.
- Google Play Music may not give you access to various content but an interesting feature of Google Play Music is that you can easily add your own library to the service. If you already have an album on your computer or cellphone, you can add it to Google Play Music for free. There you can create playlists, share songs easily and much more.
- In addition, there is a dedicated podcast application section. When new podcasts are uploaded, you can quickly share them with your friends on social media.
- Another great feature of Google Play Music is its incredible capability of integration with platforms like Google Chromecast and Amazon Alexa. With the Chromecast audio devices, you can play music from the Google Play Music application on your mobile that connects your device to Chromecast, anywhere in your home.
- Google Play Music also provides complete access to YouTube Red. It offers you additional features on the YouTube Music application. With YouTube Red, you can listen to YouTube music while checking out other apps on your smartphone. Unlike regular YouTube, the Red version can run on the background.
A single month subscription of Google Play Music ranges from $ 9.99 to $ 14.99. Play Music can be used free of charge even though it is limited to radio stations. If this doesn’t really matter to you, then you can just try music playback. This free radio also plays a series of advertisements between songs, which can be annoying at times.
- Excellent integration of uploaded or purchased music
- Stable performance with fast glitch fixes
- Reserve while streaming builds offline library effortlessly
- Unknown future concerning YouTube Music migration
- Only 10 devices limit.
In 2008, Spotify started its journey in this global market and currently promotes more than 35 million songs in its catalog. Since the beginning of 2016, they also began supporting video and podcast content. However, you must synchronize the Spotify desktop application with the device’s internal memory. It works well with any hi-fi and smart speaker and any smartphone. In addition, it is a great music streaming service because it makes discovering new music very easy. Moreover, it supports all speaker systems. This service, that you can also use for free. Even with the free version, you will get most of the features that you want.
The application will open to the library page. From there, you can use the slider to access Search, Review, Radio, and then your library. From here, you can also access podcast and video content by clicking on the Display option. This is a very easy method because using it, you can easily navigate to where you wish to go if you want to find something new.
Sound Quality and Device Limitation
Spotify Premium allows sound quality features up to 320 Kbps. But, when you are playing the Chromecast, whereas, the sound quality is up to 256 Kbps. It connects with only three authorized devices. If you want to connect one more, then the extra one will be removed automatically. You can only download up to 10,000 songs for offline playback in five devices. Spotify has an Android Wear application that supports Android Audio and Google Cast.
Spotify has a large collection of music in the library. However, it does not offer you to upload your own music library. Moreover, from the streaming catalog, you can only add 10,000 songs to the library. Spotify also offers Discover Weekly playlists and Daily Mix to keep your music up to date.
Some of the features of Spotify that makes it an excellent music streaming application are discussed below.
- Spotify offers the latest music and some older ones and gives you access to standalone desktop and cellular applications.
- One of the other clean features of Spotify is Alexa integration. Now you can tell her with the Amazon Echo device that you want to play Spotify and your favorite playlist. The good news is that if you have multiple echo devices at home, you can listen to music from Spotify from wherever you are.
The Spotify price is almost the same as the price of Music Play. There is also a free version with minimal advertisements and errors.
- Best subscription catalog
- Best-in-class playback handoff
- Excellent streaming bundle for students
- Library limit is 10,000 songs.
- No cloud integration for uploaded or purchased music
- Provide inferior support, particularly on Android
In this article, you have seen a brief description of Google Play music and Spotify application. If you are looking for the best music streaming services, then both Spotify and Google Play music can serve your purpose well. Overall, both these applications are really good. But, choosing one depends on what you require from the streaming service.